Federated Wireless Brings 4G/5G Private Networks to U.S. Enterprises with Microsoft Azure
NEW CLOUD-NATIVE CONNECTIVITY-AS-A-SERVICE STREAMLINES PROCUREMENT, DEPLOYMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF CARRIER-GRADE PRIVATE NETWORKS
ARLINGTON, Va. – FEBRUARY 18, 2020
Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) pioneer Federated Wireless today announced a new Connectivity-as-as-Service offering that lets U.S. enterprises buy and deploy private 4G and 5G networks with a single click through the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. This end-to-end managed service provided by Federated Wireless includes discovery, planning, design, build, operation and support, enabling enterprises to reap the benefits of 5G with minimum risk and capital expenditure.
“Private, carrier-grade 5G network offerings have historically required a great deal of carrier wireless technology, large numbers of components and vendors, complex processes for integration with other networks and significant capital expenditures,” said Iyad Tarazi, CEO of Federated Wireless. “Working closely with Microsoft Azure, and soon with our other strategic partners, we are able to offer enterprises an industry-first, end-to-end managed service that eliminates complexity and accelerates private network deployment. Enterprise customers are well-familiar with cloud marketplaces, and can now directly leverage our extensive partner program and application ecosystem for an end-to-end private wireless service.”
The new service offering was developed with specific attention to the needs of the cloud-native enterprises of today, who have come to depend on seamless integration between their own IT departments and global public clouds. Close collaboration with Azure has resulted in development and delivery of a service that these innovative IT organizations will see as a natural extension of their existing environment.
“Enterprises require secure wireless networks that can be trusted with mission-critical tasks, at-scale, and without interference, but realize that procuring and deploying private 5G networks is extremely complex,” said Chris DePuy, technology analyst for 650 Group. “CBRS is uniquely positioned to provide a bridge to carrier-grade enterprise 5G services, and Federated Wireless and its partners are now prepared to deliver that as a managed service.”
Delivery through Azure
Federated Wireless will deliver the new managed service through the Azure Marketplace with one-click ordering to simplify procurement for enterprises seeking to deploy private 5G networks. The managed service offering is highly beneficial to a wide range of use cases, including manufacturing environments supporting logistics and operations applications, which often experience performance degradation using legacy networks due to network and device interference.
Managed Service Benefits
Federated Wireless’ private wireless Connectivity-as-a-Service provides numerous unique benefits to the enterprise:
- Simplicity – Enterprises can order with one click the business connectivity services they need, with Federated Wireless delivering and managing the network and facilitating endpoint management
- Flexibility – Best-in-class ecosystem of solutions and partners to enable choice
- Reliability – Proven five 9s service level agreement for unsurpassed network reliability and performance
- Cloud Scale – Consistent, automated applications and streamlined processes for improved efficiency with infinite scalability
- Control – Comprehensive visibility into network performance and usage allows IT management to set granular network policies while maintaining secure control of networks and data
- Low Cost – High performance and reliability of 4G/5G technology delivered at enterprise Wi-Fi costs
Federated Wireless CBRS Leadership
With more than 31 customers currently offering commercial services and another 50 in development, Federated Wireless is the clear leader in deployment of CBRS shared spectrum. Major milestones achieved by Federated Wireless and its partners since the FCC greenlight for Initial Commercial Deployments in September 2019 include:
- Industry-first 3.5 GHz CBRS Network
- CBRS Deployment in Times Square
- CBRS Deployment at Angel Stadium
Yousef Khalidi, Corporate Vice President, Azure Networking, Microsoft Corp. said, “The combination of Federated Wireless’ new Connectivity-as-a-Service and our advanced cloud delivery capabilities gives enterprises the flexibility and scale they need to deploy any application, to any cloud, in any combination of environments. The increasing complexity of hybrid and multicloud IT strategies requires that the underlying infrastructure, and especially the wireless connectivity that brings them all together, be reliable. That’s what our users get with Federated Wireless private networks.”
About Federated Wireless
Founded in 2012, Federated Wireless has long led the industry in development of shared spectrum CBRS capabilities, taking a lead role in the formation of the CBRS Alliance, being the first to complete a wide range of trials with its Spectrum Controller, and deploying the industry’s first nationwide ESC network. The company’s partner ecosystem includes more than 40 device manufacturers and edge partners, all of which are dedicated to collaboration to advance development and proliferation of CBRS services. Federated Wireless’ customer base includes companies spanning the telecommunications, energy, hospitality, education, retail, office space, municipal and residential verticals, with use cases ranging from network densification and mobile offload to Private LTE and Industrial IoT. For more information, visit: www.federatedwireless.com.
- .@Boingo CEO @MikeFinley explains how Federated is helping connectivity to enhance operations at @DallasLoveField.… https://t.co/J3g2ObRUCg10 hours ago
- The #CBRS #PALauction is underway and drawing attention from major industry players. Learn more including Federated… https://t.co/8AKFimEqSI2 days ago