Federated Wireless Selects Amazon Web Services as its Preferred Cloud Provider to Deliver New 4G/5G Private Wireless Managed Networks for U.S. Enterprises
CLOUD-NATIVE CONNECTIVITY-AS-A-SERVICE BUILDS ON TWO YEARS OF STRATEGIC ENGAGEMENT BETWEEN THE TWO COMPANIES TO STREAMLINE PROCUREMENT, DEPLOYMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF CARRIER-GRADE PRIVATE NETWORKS
ARLINGTON, Va. – FEBRUARY 18, 2020
Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) pioneer Federated Wireless today announced delivery of a new Connectivity-as-a-Service offering that lets U.S. enterprises buy and deploy private 4G and 5G networks with a single click in AWS Marketplace, a digital catalog with thousands of software listings from independent software vendors that make it easy to find, test, buy, and deploy software that runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS). These end-to-end managed services developed and provided by Federated Wireless, leveraging AWS, include discovery, planning, design, build, operation and support, enabling enterprises to reap the benefits of 5G with strong security and minimum risk and capital expenditure.
Delivery through AWS
The new service offering was developed with specific attention to the needs of today’s cloud-native enterprises, who have come to depend on seamless integration between their own IT departments and AWS that many IT organizations will see as a natural extension of their existing environments.
The new managed service reduces the complexity of enterprise adoption of 5G private networks with one-click provisioning in AWS Marketplace and seamless integration with Internet of Things (IoT) applications provided by the AWS Partner Network (APN). AWS-enabled private networks are an ideal secure solution for industrial and manufacturing IoT environments in which device types, locations and densities are widely varied and wireless interference using legacy Wi-Fi networks is both extremely common and highly detrimental to business performance.
Managed Service Benefits
Federated Wireless’ private wireless Connectivity-as-a-Service provides numerous unique benefits to the enterprise:
- Simplicity – Enterprises can order with one click the business connectivity services they need, with Federated Wireless delivering and managing the network and facilitating endpoint management
- Flexibility – Best-in-class ecosystem of solutions and partners to enable choice
- Reliability – Proven five 9s service level agreement for unsurpassed network reliability and performance
- Cloud Scale – Consistent, automated applications and streamlined processes for improved efficiency with infinite scalability
- Control – Comprehensive visibility into network performance and usage allows IT management to set granular network policies while maintaining secure control of networks and data
- Low Cost – High performance and reliability of 4G/5G technology delivered at enterprise Wi-Fi costs
Federated Wireless CBRS Leadership
With more than 30 customers currently offering commercial services and another 50 in development, Federated Wireless is the clear leader in deployment of CBRS shared spectrum. Major milestones achieved by Federated Wireless and its partners since the FCC greenlight for Initial Commercial Deployments in September 2019 include:
- Industry-first 3.5 GHz CBRS Network
- CBRS Deployment in Times Square
- CBRS Deployment at Angel Stadium
“This announcement builds on our long history of collaboration with AWS, with which we launched joint solutions in November 2017 and 2018,” said Iyad Tarazi, CEO of Federated Wireless. “AWS has been a critical strategic collaborator in development and delivery of this industry-first new service, which will fundamentally change the way that U.S. enterprises procure, deploy and manage private wireless networks. We look forward to continuing to work closely with AWS to accelerate this revolution in private networking.”
About Federated Wireless
Founded in 2012, Federated Wireless has long led the industry in development of shared spectrum CBRS capabilities, taking a lead role in the formation of the CBRS Alliance, being the first to complete a wide range of trials with its Spectrum Controller, and deploying the industry’s first nationwide ESC network. The company’s partner ecosystem includes more than 40 device manufacturers and edge partners, all of which are dedicated to collaboration to advance development and proliferation of CBRS services. Federated Wireless’ customer base includes companies spanning the telecommunications, energy, hospitality, education, retail, office space, municipal and residential verticals, with use cases ranging from network densification and mobile offload to Private LTE and Industrial IoT. For more information, visit: www.federatedwireless.com.
- .@Boingo CEO @MikeFinley explains how Federated is helping connectivity to enhance operations at @DallasLoveField.… https://t.co/J3g2ObRUCg9 hours ago
- The #CBRS #PALauction is underway and drawing attention from major industry players. Learn more including Federated… https://t.co/8AKFimEqSI2 days ago